Balsamic Roasted Chicken with Apple Rhubarb Chutney
Balsamic Roasted Chicken with Apple Rhubarb Chutney ~ sounds so fancy, doesn’t it? It’s so flipping easy though. No special skills or tricks. If you can measure stuff and dice other stuff, you got this.
The chicken only takes a few minutes to prepare for baking. If you start the chutney once you put the chicken in the oven, they will be ready at the same time. But if they aren’t, no worries. Both the chicken and chutney reheat just fine so you can go ahead and make this ahead of time.
Lean protein topped with a flavorful chutney that is packed with vitamins and fiber. This chutney goes great on chicken, turkey and pork. Such a simple paleo, gluten-free meal. Ready in 30 minutes. Start to finish.
- ROASTED CHICKEN:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ garlic powder
- ¼ paprika
- 1 large green apple, peeled and diced small
- 2 or 3 stalks of rhubarb, diced small
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ½ cup apple juice, no sugar added
- 1 inch piece of peeled ginger root
- 2 Tablespoon dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ROASTED CHICKEN:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse chicken under cold water, pat dry and place in baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Mix until combined.
- With your hands, rub olive oil into chicken breasts to evenly distribute.
- Rub seasoning over the tops of each chicken breast. Really rub it in there.
- Pour the ¼ of vinegar over the top.
- Bake for 23 - 25 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking you can prepare the chutney.
- In a medium saucepan combine apple, rhubarb, onion, apple juice, ginger, cranberries and honey and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to medium heat, cover.
- Let cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes.
- After the 5 minutes, remove ginger and add vinegar, stir.
- Using a slotted spoon, top your chicken with warm chutney.