Broiled Honey Banana Cinnamon Grapefruit
I’ve enjoyed a juicy broiled grapefruit many many times but wanted to turn it up a notch and boy did I ever! If you’ve never broiled a grapefruit, I encourage you to partake in this type of debauchery.
Broiling grapefruit softens the pulp and allows the juices to break free. You think you’ve had a juicy grapefruit before? Try broiling it, you’ll be amazed. So sweet and tender all by itself.
But add some raw honey, sliced banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon and you just took breakfast to a whole new mouth-gasm, flavor combination explosion, nutritionally packed level.
Not only are these delicious, juicy, full of favor but you can start your day with:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin A
- Healthy gut flora
Just cut your grapefruit in half and pre-section the wedges with a knife. This will make it easier to enjoy all the goodness easily with a spoon when it’s done. When you spread the raw honey on the grapefruit it may seem difficult to spread but it only takes a couple of seconds for the citric acid to make the honey more spreadable. Top with sliced bananas and sprinkle with cinnamon. Little on steps, HUGE on taste.
You can see below how I made little tin foil circle to place the grapefruit in to keep it from tipping. It’s not necessary but It my baking pan doesn’t have sides so I didn’t want to take the chance of it getting away from me.
- 1 pink grapefruit, sliced in half
- 2 tbsp raw honey (1 tablespoon per half)
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ tsp cinnamon (1/4 tsp per half)
- Preheat oven to broil with baking sheet on the middle rack. Too close to the heat and your grapefruit can burn.
- Cut grapefruit in half and spread 1 tbsp of honey on each half.
- Place slices of banana on top of each grapefruit half.
- Sprinkle each half with cinnamon.
- Broil for 4 - 8 minutes. Check at 4 minutes and if not browned yet, put in for another 2 minutes at a time. Mine took the full 8 minutes but oven temperatures vary so be safe and check every couple minutes after the initial 4 minutes.
- Eat and have a napkin handy because these sweet delectable citrus treats are juicy!