Bang Bang Shrimp – Skinny, Fast & Easy
Not only is this dish fast and easy but its DELICIOUS. Things that don’t normally go together.
Besides that, its delicious and SKINNY 🙂 Chock full of veggies and loads of protein from the shrimp.
Easy is a 3 ingredient sauce. Make as much or as little as you want. Make it as hot as you want. Make it as sweet as you want. I’ll give you the basic recipe and you can tweak it to your taste.
Just combine the sauce ingredients while your shrimp is sizzling up in the coconut oil and set aside.
After you’ve cooked up your shrimp in the coconut oil, add another tablespoon of oil and fry up those veggies for a few minutes, just to soften a bit. Combine cooked shrimp and veggies with the sauce and top some riced cauliflower.
I used to buy my cauliflower rice from Trader Joe’s but now it’s becoming way more mainstream and my local grocery store carries it. You make so many things with it so if you have any left over, maybe make some Cauliflower Cheese Sticks or Cauliflower Pizza Crust (Gluten Free). I bought mine at Costco recently.
But you could use regular rice if you wanted, that’s up to you. Either way, you will LOVE this dish.
- 6 Tablespoons mayo
- 4 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 - 2 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, tails removed
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch (can substitute with flour or corn starch)
- ¼ cup coconut oil for frying
- Combine the 3 sauce ingredients, set aside.
- Once your shrimp has be de-thawed (I de-thaw mine by just soaking in a bowl of water for a few minutes, then drain off water), combine with arrowroot starch so that shrimp is coated lightly.
- Heat your coconut oil in a cast iron or large frying pan over medium high heat. Add shrimp once oil is very hot.
- Cook shrimp for 2 minutes each side. I just set my microwave timer because shrimp can be rubbery if over-cooked.
- Remove shrimp and place on a paper towel lined plate to drain off excess oil.
- Add broccoli and carrots to the same pan. Stir frequently and cook until slightly softer. Add a tablespoon of coconut oil if necessary.
- Combine the shrimp and cooked veggies with the sauce coating everything.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or regular rice.
- Eat :)