Chicken, Eggplant, Tomato and Spinach Skillet
This is an almost perfect meal. It’s Paleo, gluten free and loads of vegetables, It’s also vegan optional by just omitting the chicken. You could substitute tofu or add some quinoa to ramp up the protein factor.
Chicken, Eggplant, Tomato and Spinach Skillet - Paleo and Gluten Free
Author: The Organic Rabbit
Recipe type: Paleo, Gluten Free, Protein
Serves: 4 servings
- *** I RECOMMEND ORGANICS WHENEVER POSSIBLE ***
- 1 lb. boneless organic chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium-sized organic eggplant, cubed
- 5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, diced.
- 5 or 6 ounces bag organic baby spinach
- 1 organic sweet onion, sliced
- 1 15 oz. can organic fire roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh organic basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon organic minced garlic
- pinch of sea salt and pepper
- Chop your veggies separately, set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat and add garlic. Saute garlic for 1 or 2 minutes or until slightly browned. Be careful not to burn.
- Add onions and eggplant, saute for 5 or 6 minutes or until onions are translucent, stir frequently.
- Add cubed chicken and saute until cooked thoroughly, about 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add fresh spinach and mushrooms, saute until spinach is wilted.
- Add can of drained tomatoes and the remainder of the ingredients. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring frequently letting some of the water from the tomatoes cook off.
- Serve alone or on top of some brown rice pasta or quinoa.