Chocolate Peanut (Almond) Butter and Jelly Cups – Paleo and Vegan and Gluten Free
Update: My stash is gone already. Hubby really liked these and requested a second batch. Said they remind him of frozen strawberry bon bons.
We love dessert in our house, especially my husband. I love when I can make something delicious and healthy for him. I especially love when he asks me to make it over and over because its so good.
We both have different sweet preferences. I like my chocolate with straight up or with almond butter, coconut or nuts. My hubby on the hand is a lover of chocolate and fruit. This satisfies BOTH of our cravings.
5 ingredients that taste like a chocolate covered peanut (almond) butter and jelly sammich. I found this recipe at one of my all time favorite blogs MindBodyGreen.com and modified it slightly. Do yourself a favor and head over to their blog, there are so many great articles about all things healthy.
These little peanut (almond) butter and jelly cups don’t require any baking at all, only a few seconds in the microwave. No fancy skills required either. You could make any number of varieties. Use a different kind of berry or omit the fruit all together, mix in some unsweetened coconut flakes and have yourself a chocolate coconut peanut (almond) butter cup.
- 4 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. raw creamy almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 3 mashed strawberries (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 2 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- **This recipe made about 12 cups**
- I used a silicone mini muffin pan sprayed with coconut oil but you could use a metal mini muffin tin with paper cups.
- Make the chocolate first. Mix the first 4 ingredients and put in the microwave for about 20 seconds to melt everything slightly, stir until everything is combined.
- Spoon about a teaspoon or so in each mini muffin cup and put in the freezer for 13 - 15 minutes or until solid.
- While the chocolate is in the freezer, make the filling. Combine the mashed strawberries and melted coconut oil. I pulsed mine through my Nutribullet to get any lumps out and combine better.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of the strawberry on top of the chocolate and put back in the freezer for 13 - 15 minutes or until solid.
- Top each muffin cup with the remaining chocolate and freeze for another 13 - 15 minutes or until solid.
- Pop out of the silicone molds or muffin cups out of the tin and eat.
- Because of the coconut oil, these melt fairly easy so I store leftovers in the freezer in a covered bowl. Take them out and let sit at room temperature for a couple of minutes and eat if there is any left.