Dairy Free Chocolate Milk Whipped Fruit Dip
Right now my house is being torn apart because we are in the process of moving from Illinois to Arizona. As you can imagine, any comforts at all are welcome. I was in the mood for some comforting earlier but it had to meet my current criteria. Easy (super easy), Simple (same as easy but I can’t stress it enough) and CHOCOLATE!
Imagine my joy when I found this recipe at TheNourishingGourmet.com. If you haven’t been there, go. Go today! I frequently find myself browsing Kimi’s simple delicious recipes.
I did add 2 steps to this recipe. 1. I placed the can of organic full fat coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours. I do that because when the can is chilled it creates a thick creamy coconut “cream” at the top of the can. I figured it would help thicken up the whipped dip.
2. I put the whipped dip in the freezer for 1 hour after running it through my Nutribullet (or blender) to let it thicken up even more. Then I whisked it in a frenzy for a minute and served it with fresh cut fruit.
But if you have one of those whipped cream canister maker things, you can use that and the dip will whip up much thicker but my husband and I loved this just as it is.
I chose to use maple syrup as opposed to the other options of honey or stevia drops but it’s nice that there is an option depending on what you have in your kitchen. The honey would make the recipe non-vegan though.
I’m so excited about this stuff. I’ve got my strawberries ready and waiting. I’m thinking of seeing if fudgesicles might be in my future. Ooo with some strawberry pieces, yes yes!!!
p.s. Hubby tried it and said “you’ve done it again”. That means he liked it in hubby language 🙂
- 1 - 14 oz can of full fat, unsweetened coconut milk. Keep the can in the fridge for at least a few hours prior to making so that some coconut milk gets thick at the top of the can.
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup OR ¼ cup raw honey OR around 5 to 10 drops of stevia extract - to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (gluten-free, if needed)
- Put all ingredients in a blender. I used a Nutribullet. Blend for 2 - 3 minutes or until blended very well and almost fluffy.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Whisk quickly for about a minute.
- Serve with your favorite dipping fruits. Strawberries, sliced bananas, raspberries, apple slices, pears, etc.