No Bake, Easy to Make Coconut Candies
I don’t know about your house but a sugar addict lives in mine. My husband has a wicked sweet tooth so I like to have easy healthy sweet treats on hand for him. When I found this recipe I had to give it a try since we both LOVE coconut. These little babies taste just like Almond Joys except they only have 5 ingredients, are dairy free, gluten free and vegan.
My unsweetened shredded coconut was already finely shredded. i buy it in the bulk section at Whole Foods. But if you can’t find already finely shredded coconut, you can just put your flakes in a food processor and give them a few pulses to shred. I used a square mold for my candies but any mold will work, even a mini cupcake molds if that’s what you have.
These were ready in 15 minutes, that’s it. Combine the coconut flakes, coconut oil and raw honey. I found it easiest to use my hands to massage everything all together. If you find that the mixture is too dry, just add 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil at a time to moisten up the mixture.
- 2½ cups finely shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- Optional: Handful of almonds
- Dark chocolate chips (I used Chocolate Dream semi-sweet baking chips)
- If your coconut flakes are not already finely shredded just run yours through a food processor.
- In a large bowl combine coconut flakes, ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of melted raw honey.
- Massage everything together with your hands to make sure everything is combined and moist.
- If your mixture is too dry, just add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to the bowl at a time.
- Press the coconut mixture into your molds and firmly press down, filling each mold halfway.
- Top each mold with an almond if you choose to use almonds.
- Melt your chips and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in small pan on low heat stirring constantly stirring until chips are melted.
- Pour melted chocolate over each mold until covered.
- Place mold in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Pop out of mold and enjoy!
- Keep any leftovers in the fridge because coconut oil melts easily.