Easy Greek Lemon Chicken with Olives and Artichoke Hearts
I found this recipe at Beauty and the Foodie, a great food blog that I found recently. Check it out if you get a chance. I made a couple of changes to their recipe like using boneless chicken breasts and kalamata olives for example.
Start to finish, this delicious Greek chicken bake took less than an hour. And it really could not have been easier. Serve topped with some crumbled feta if that’s your thang or some lemon slices for some extra zing. Yum-may!
- **********I ALWAYS RECOMMEND ORGANICS WHENEVER POSSIBLE*******
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken
- 1 - 10 ounce package grape or cherry tomatoes, chopped in half
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1 can quartered artichoke hearts, canned
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 2½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- *Optional: crumbled feta cheese for topping
- *Optional: lemon slices for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into large pieces. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper and place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, olives, artichoke hearts, lemon juice, salt, pepper, thyme, garlic and olive oil. Stir gently until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Pour mixture over chicken evenly.
- Bake for 35 - 40 minutes. Check at 35 minutes. Slice the largest piece of chicken to see if it is cooked thoroughly. If not, put back in oven for another 5 minutes and check again.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve and spoon a little of the lemon juices over the top.