Easy Tahini Broccoli Slaw
I needed a quick and easy side to go with lunch today so I opened the fridge and remembered I had just bought a bag of organic broccoli slaw at Trader Joe’s yesterday. As soon as I bought it, I knew tahini was going to be involved.
This slaw literally took me 5 minutes from start to finish. If you have a last minute bbq or party to go to and want to bring something healthy and delicious, this can be your go-to dish. It feeds 10+ people as a side dish. If you make it for the family and have leftovers, they keep really good too.
This slaw is right up my alley. It was already shredded, only has 25 calories per serving, 2 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber just from the slaw. There is even more protein from the tahini so it makes a great meal on its own. So easy, so tasty, so healthy.
- 1 12 ounce bag of broccoli slaw or any other slaw variation you like
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (I use the kind that comes in a little jar)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Dash of salt/pepper to taste
- Put broccoli slaw in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all other ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Pour dressing over slaw and mix so all of the slaw is covered.
- See how easy?