Frozen Yogurt Blueberries
With another snowstorm upon us in the Midwest, staying inside and keeping warm sounds just about right. But that doesn’t mean you can’t pretend it’s hot as blazes outside. I mean we don’t stop eating ice cream do we? Warm and cozy inside or hot as blazes outside still calls for a delicious sweet treat.
What do you get when you combine frozen blueberries and Greek yogurt? A sweet, nutritious, kid friendly snack that everyone will love. Even non-yogurt lovers!
Until recently I have never ever been a fan of yogurt of any kind. Trust me, I wanted to love it. My husband eats it like it was going out of style. But I recently found a way to love Greek yogurt and I can’t believe how simple it is.
- Organic blueberries (I used fresh)
- Vanilla Greek yogurt (or any flavor of your choice)
Seriously, these are so easy that you will be like “is that it”?
- Line a pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil if you have no parchment paper. I used a glass pan because I like how cold they get.
- Using a toothpick, dip each blueberry in the yogurt of your choice. Get it nice and covered. Place it on the parchment paper. Try not to let them touch otherwise they will all freeze in one big clump.
- Place pan in freezer for about an hour.
- Take pan out, enjoy fruity yogurt treat.
- IF you have any leftovers just keep them in the freezer covered until the next time.
These are a delicious and fun healthy alternative to high sugar popsicles and ice cream. But I’m not waiting until summer, these are too good to wait for.
You can use this same technique with green grapes or even raspberries using any flavor of Greek yogurt. Let the kids make up their own flavor combinations.
See, I told you they were easy. Enjoy.