Gluten Free Parm Chips
When I’m craving something cheesy and salty, this is my go-to snack. They are cheesy and salty but also because they are so fast and easy to make. I keep a bowl of them on the counter for a quick grab.
Sometimes I top the mounds with onion flakes, other times a little garlic salt, cayenne or italian seasoning. Whatever I’m in the mood for.
I first found Parmesan Chips at Whole Foods a while back. I bought, I ate them and then I missed them. So I decided to make them myself. It’s much easier than driving a half and hour and cheaper than paying $6 for a container full considering these do not stick around our house for long. They are usually gone within a day or two.
These are so easy. Can you preheat an oven and put a small mound of cheese on a baking sheet? There you go, you can make Parmesan Chips.
Totally snackity snacks!
- 1 package shredded Parmesan cheese
- Optional: dried onion flakes, bacon bits, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper. Use your imagination and customize your own chips according to what you are in the mood for.
- Preheat oven to 400. Use either a parchment lined baking sheet or a silicone baking mat like I use.
- Using a tablespoon, place cheese mounds fairly close to each other, about a half inch is fine. Pat the mounds down a little if they are tall.
- Bake mounds for 3 - 5 minutes until golden brown. The longer they bake, the crispier they will be once cooled.
- Remove from oven and place on cooling racks. They will firm up a little bit more once they cool.
- I keep mine in an airtight container on the counter. But they go so fast that I don't need to cover them half the time.