Healthy Chocolate Covered Cherry Smoothie
Four ingredients (5 if you count the ice cubes) and super chocolaty rich. Hubby’s wicked sweet tooth totally approves of these. He puts his in the freezer for an hour to eat with a spoon or sometimes as popsicles. It just depends on his mood.
In the summer I like to keep different organic fruits in the freezer (Target usually has them the cheapest around me) and keep a few cans of organic coconut milk in the pantry (usually Trader Joe’s brand). That way I’ve already got 1/2 of the ingredients I use in my smoothies, frosty treats and popsicles.
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (I used canned Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup frozen cherries, pitted and no sugar added
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 - 10 ice cubes
- Optional: 1 packet of organic stevia
- Combine all ingredients in your blender. I used a Nutribullet.
- You can drink it as is or put it in the freezer for an hour and you have a chocolate cherry slushie that you can eat with a spoon.
- *If you like your treats really really sweet, you can stir in a packet of stevia. Depends on your taste buds.