Lost A Size Without Losing A Pound
It took me a while to wrap my head around the fact that I went from a size 10 to a size 8 without losing one pound. If you don’t know my story, in the past year and a half I have lost 100 pounds. You can see before and after pictures and read about it here.
I’ve been at 142 pounds for the past 3 months, fluctuating between 1 or 2 pounds at times. But my body seems to have settled at 142 which is exactly 100 pounds less than when I started my weight loss journey.
I thought that my size had settled at size 10 in pants, medium in tops on average. To my surprise, I bought one pair of size 8 pants a while back but I attributed that to the particular brand.
In the past month I’ve done a little clothes shopping because I have hardly any summer clothes and my guess is that winter in the Midwest will end someday so I should probably have some clothes that fit.
Just yesterday I noticed that I now own 6 pairs of pants in a size 8 from different brands. Having realized that, I believe I can confidently say I now wear a size 8 in pants!!! I know it’s just a number but coming from a TIGHT size 18 to a single digit size is a HUGE deal for me.
The idea that I lost a size without losing a pound had me scratching my head. I wasn’t intentionally trying to lose more weight or even trying to get into a smaller size. I was just working on being healthier and stronger.
My goal to be healthier and stronger takes me to hot yoga classes 3 or 4 times a week. In the past I was going at least twice a week but in the past few weeks I have stepped it up to 3 or 4 classes a week. Hot yoga is my main source of physical fitness. Read why here.
Every single aspect of my life improved when I started my yoga practice. From my body to my relationships with myself and others.
- When I’m in a bad mood, yoga fixes my mood
- When I’m having trouble clearing my mind of heavy thoughts, yoga clears them
- When I’m feeling tense, yoga loosens me up
- When I’m having trouble sleeping, yoga makes me sleep like a rock
- When I’m not feeling very confident, yoga makes me feel like a warrior
- When I feel I’m losing patience, yoga teaches me patience
- When I’m not feeling the self-love, yoga loves me
- When I feel weak, yoga makes me feel strong
- Yoga never ever makes me feel bad, never
- Yoga improves my mind, my body and my life
By doing something incredibly awesome for my body and mind, the consequence were losing fat, gaining muscle, tightening up my jiggly parts and losing a pant size unintentionally. Those are consequences I can live with.
Screw the scale, get your butt moving and awesome things will happen.