Peppadew Pepper Mango Salsa
This fruity healthy salsa can be used so many different ways. On fish tacos, chicken, pork or even…ice cream.
Don’t laugh, top a scoop of vanilla ice cream with this salsa. The sweet and spice of the salsa dances with the creamy sweet ice cream on your taste buds beautifully. Seriously, it’s really good.
This recipe is really easy and has one of my all time favorite peppers, Peppadew. I love this pepper because it’s got a great mild kick to it and it’s sweet too. Plus it adds a nice pop of color to your salsa. I put these peppers in my scrambled eggs, on portabella pizzas and in my stuffed peppers too. They have a mild heat combined with sweet. I love them so much!
I have found Peppadew peppers at World Market and Whole Foods but Amazon also sells them here. I usually only use 3 or 4 per whatever recipe I’m making so the jar lasts me a while. This is a super versatile pepper. I love them so much (in case you didn’t read that the first time)!
- 1 large Mango (about 1¼ cup of peeled, seeded and diced small)
- 1 de-seeded and diced small jalepeno
- A few sprigs of fresh chopped parsley
- 3 or 4 Peppadew peppers chopped small or ¼ cup red bell pepper for color
- ½ tbsp orange juice
- Juice from a large fresh lime or 2 small limes (approximately 1 tablespoon)
- 2 chopped green onions (the green stem part, not the white bulb)
- Combine all ingredients and serve with fish, chicken, pork or top a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- I always make more than necessary for the recipe because I always find another way to use it.