Paleo Mexican Shrimp Cocktail
I know Spring will be here eventually but you would never know it from the snow storm we had yesterday. In APRIL no less. I wanted to make something fresh and fabulous to remind me that one day we will be in shorts having backyard parties and will feel the warm sun on my face.
This recipe is so easy. Look at all the colors. So there you go, it’s easy, pretty, Paleo, delicious, makes a great appetizer or summer salad. I made lettuce wraps with mine.
- 1 lb medium shrimp (cooked, peeled, deveined)
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, minced
- 3 fresh chopped roma tomatoes with juice
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1½ tbsp hot sauce (I used sriracha)
- 1 avocado, chunked
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- **Optional: 1 tbsp chopped cilantro**
- Slice shrimp into chunks, I cut mine into thirds.
- In a large bowl, combine everything, adding avocado last.
- Let marinate in the fridge for about an hour.
- Serve. Yes, it's that easy.