Paleo Spicy Cashew Chicken
I was struttin’ around the kitchen like a friggin’ peacock after making this recipe because it was so good. I mean really good and it just happens to be paleo which is even better. Delicious, low-carb, protein AND paleo!
This recipe has a medium to medium-hot amount of heat. It’s absolutely the perfect amount of heat for me but then I like a good amount of spice. I use and love this red pepper seasoned rice vinegar that really gives it a good kick but if spicy isn’t your thing, I recommend using regular rice vinegar. That will help cut the heat in half.
- 1 - 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons red pepper seasoned rice vinegar (buy it in the Asian section of the grocery store or visit your local Asian market)
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (can sub with soy sauce but it won't be paleo)
- 2 tablespoons paleo ketchup (can sub with regular ketchup but it won't be paleo)
- 1 tablespoon coconut palm sugar
- ½ tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Optional: 2 chopped scallions (the green part, not the white onion part)
- Cube chicken breasts.
- In a medium skillet melt coconut oil and add chicken.
- Heat chicken on medium just until the outside of the chicken cubes are mostly white and no longer pink.
- In a medium bowl whisk the remainder of the ingredients except cashews and scallions.
- Add liquid mixture to the chicken and continue cooking on medium. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir and heat covered for another 5 minutes.
- Remove cover, add cashews and stir.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring frequently so that some of the liquid cooks away.
- Serve on thinly shredded cabbage and garnish with chopped scallions.
I shared this with the hubby and before I could ask how much he liked it, it was gone. Like GONE GONE. All he could do is nod yes vigorously while he was still chewing his last bite. Needless to say, he loved it.
“Bunny Created, Hubby Approved”