Roasted Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
I might be one of the strangest people you know because I actually crave brussel sprouts. I didn’t like them when I was little but ever since I started on my journey to be healthier and subsequently losing 100 pounds, I love all kinds of vegetables.
Since cutting out processed foods and exploring new ones, my taste buds have changed. It sounds weird but I taste things differently now. Sweets are now way too sweet, sours too sour and salty too salty. One thing that changed in the opposite direction was that I now like spicy foods a lot more than before. Just a curious observation I guess.
Roasting these teeny tiny cabbages brings out the flavor and softens them up without making them mushy. It’s so quick and easy. If you were so inclined, you could even mix in a 1/4 cup of cooked crumbled bacon in the recipe.
- 3 cups shaved brussel sprouts (either purchase pre-shaved or use a food processor for a few pulses)
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lime juice (can sub with lemon juice)
- dash salt/pepper
- *Optional: ¼ cup cooked crumbled bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place brussel sprouts in 9 x 13 glass baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine all other ingredients, whisk until combined.
- Pour over brussel sprouts and mix thoroughly using your hands for best coverage.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Stir in bacon crumbles now if using.
- Serve with a little dollop of ghee or grass fed butter.