Easy Savory Roasted Cauliflower
Cauliflower is one of the most versatile vegetables for sure. Because of it’s mild flavor, it adapts to pretty much any flavor you pair it with. It can be made into cauliflower rice, used for cauliflower cheese sticks or even cauliflower pizza crust.
It’s paleo, gluten-free, low-carb and vegan. Not to mention has lots of B-vitamins, vitamin C, antioxidants, fiber and contains cancer fighting properties. It’s one of the good guys for sure and this is an easy way to sneak this veggie into your meals.
Roasting cauliflower is super easy and can be customized to suit your preference for spices. I made this one with coconut palm sugar, paprika, a little salt and olive oil. Just use the florets of the cauliflower and toss thoroughly with the olive oil and spices, lay on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake. Done.
If sweet and spice isn’t your thang, try using Italian seasoning, dry mustard and honey, jerk seasoning, nutritional yeast for a cheesy flavor or just salt and pepper. Whatever seasoning you use, just mix it with the olive oil and massage into the florets. So versatile!
I could eat the entire head of cauliflower myself but if you aren’t greedy like me, you might want to share. It’s so savory and easy that you might make 2 heads next time.
- 1 large head of cauliflower (broken up into florets)
- 2½ teaspoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons coconut palm sugar (can sub with light brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (separated)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a medium bowl combine cauliflower florets, olive oil, coconut palm sugar and ½ teaspoon paprika. Using your hands, massage everything together making sure each floret is covered.
- Place cauliflower on foil lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with remaining ½ teaspoon of paprika and salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes, stir.
- Bake for an additional 7 - 8 minutes.
- Serve. How easy was that?