Slow Cooker Shredded Chipotle Chicken
Ever since being on vacation and missing my kitchen more than a normal person should, I have been needing to make a crock pot dish. Something about the crock pot makes me feel homey.
This super easy recipe has so much going for it. It has very few ingredients which of course warms my heart, paleo, protein dish, low-carb, and low calorie.
I made this and topped roasted brussel sprouts and added a slice of avocado and a squirt of lime over the top. Perfecto. I reheated the leftovers and had it in butter lettuce cups topped with a slice of avocado for a light lunch too.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 - 4 ounce can diced green chilis
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (I use the kind from a jar)
- Place everything except chicken breasts in slow cooker and mix until combined.
- Place chicken breasts on top mixture and bury so the chicken is completely covered.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and shred with a fork.
- Top chicken with tomato onion mixture and enjoy.