Kein Rezept. Weltweiter Versand Und Lieferung (ein Bis Drei Tage). Größte Top-Qualität. Absolut Jeder Muss Offen In Der Apotheke In Dieser Apotheke blog link Offen Finden! Und Holen Sie Sich Die Besten Geschenke Für ventolin. Erwerben Sie Kostengünstige Medikamente Online Ohne Rezept.
Sumo Citrus – The Ugly Orange
On my latest trip to Whole Foods I was browsing the produce area and saw this ugly bumpy looking orange with a little knob on the top. I had to find out what it was.
(They are only in season Feb through May)
Here is another example of not judging a book by it’s cover because this is the most deliciously sweet mandarin orange I’ve ever tasted. I originally bought them for my hubby to try because he loves oranges but after I had a section of it, I was in love too.
Not only are these delicious but they are the perfect “to-go” snack because they are so easy to peel that a small child can do it, there will be no drippy sticky hands and they are seedless.
To test for the best tasting Sumo, I give them a little squeeze. Gently squeeze, if it “gives” a little, it means it’s at its optimum taste and ready to eat.
I needed to find out the stats on this incredible fruit. I found Sumocitrus.com where they explain it all.
Grown in California’s Central Valley to the same exacting standards of the original Kumamoto farmer. It is the biggest mandarin you’ve ever seen. It has a distinctive shape with a prominent “top-knot.” The peel is bright orange, bumpy and loose so it peels effortlessly. The delicate sections separate easily. It’s seedless, juicy without being messy, and it is quite probably the sweetest citrus you’ll ever eat.
Size & Appearance
- Easy to identify with the unique shape, bumpy rind and knob on the top that we like to call the SUMO’s ‘top-knot.’
- Handle with care – Don’t let the rough exterior fool you. While the fruit looks tough and indestructible on the outside, it is somewhat delicate.
- Gently squeeze, if it “gives” a little, it means it’s at its optimum taste and ready
Easy to Peel
- One-piece peel – The SUMO’s ‘top-knot’ makes the fruit fun and easy to peel.
- The bumpy and loose rind is characteristic of the variety and contributes to the easy peeling.
- “Eat in the Car Test” — Unlike other citrus varieties, SUMO CITRUS® is ‘neat’ meaning no sticky mess, and hands stay dry.
- SUMO CITRUS® has very little albedo or rag (the white part of citrus), allowing the fruit to section easily with less of the white “netting” sticking to the fruit.
Get your hands on a Sumo Citrus before they are out of season. They are available February thru May so you still have a couple of months to enjoy them. Your mouth will thank you.