Tangy Three Bean Salad
After being on vacation for the past few days, I was really anxious to get back in the kitchen. Seriously, who am I? If you knew me a couple of years ago, the last room you would find me in was the kitchen. At least not for the purpose of cooking. Eating yes, cooking no.
These days are different though. During my journey to lose 100 pounds, one of the top 5 things that contributed to my success was eating whole foods. No preservatives or artificial anything.
Simple recipes like this provide loads of protein and fiber which keeps you fuller longer. This particular recipe has 7 grams of protein, 4 grams of fiber per 1/2 cup. Those are awesome stats for only a 1/2 cup.
We ate this as a healthy bean relish with homemade pita chips and triscuits to scoop it up for a little snack.
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can organic dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 4 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup (can sub with raw honey if not making vegan)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine all cans of drained and rinsed beans, diced onion and parsley.
- In a separate small bowl whisk dressing ingredients until combined.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture, mix until everything is covered.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Stir before serving.