Blueberry Muffin Smoothie – Dairy Free, Vegan and Paleo
Blueberries are such a glorious fruit. Of all the fruits, berries are my favorite. They are full of antioxidants, fiber and are just so darn pretty. Combine with flax seed for a fiber rich, filling, delicious smoothie.
Dairy-free, vegan and paleo. A healthy way to start the day or a delicious dessert treat. I was in the mood for a super sweet smoothie so I added 1 packet of organic stevia, stirred it in and it was perfect. That being said, this smoothie was already pretty sweet made without it.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- ¾ cup sweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 teaspoon flax seed
- 1 tablespoon creamy almond butter
- Optional: 1 packet stevia
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (I use a Nutribullet) and combine until smooth.
- If you find that the smoothie is not sweet enough for your taste, just stir in a packet of stevia.