Easy Peazy “Cheesy” Chickpea and Kale Sauté
This is my first recipe in our new house in Fountain Hills, AZ! I’m so excited. So what better way to celebrate than with some KALE! But seriously, I made this recipe because it was so super easy. Not only easy but DAIRY FREE, GLUTEN FREE, VEGAN and PALEO! Plus calcium, protein and fiber.
What makes it so cheesy is the nutritional yeast. I use Bragg Nutritional Yeast. I found mine at Vitamin Shoppe but Amazon has it too. I use it to make Baked Cheesy Kale Chips too. If you don’t know about nutritional yeast, I use it as a substitute for cheesy flavor. It’s tangy like a sharp cheese and melts up pretty good. I even shake it on my popcorn.
I found this recipe at www.fannetasticfood.com, made a couple of tweaks and bam, yummy cheesy chickpea kale salad!
The directions are so easy peazy. Put everything in a saute pan, saute for 5 – 10 minutes and serve warm or cold
I cooked mine for a good 10 minutes because I like my cooked kale really soft but if you still like a little crunch, 5 minutes worked good.
- 1 can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 2 cups fresh kale, stems removed and leaves torn into little pieces
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 1½ tsp lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1.4 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch salt/pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in a saute pan, cook on medium for 5 to 10 minutes. 5 minutes for a crunchier kale, 10 minutes for a softer kale.
- Serve warm or cold.
- See, I told you it was easy peazy :)