One Pan Ginger Chicken, Mushroom, Broccoli, Carrot and Kale
I love ginger! Love love love it. First, I love the taste. Second, it’s anti-inflammatory and protects against some cancers. Not to mention that it relieves gastrointestinal issues and helps to relieve nausea. But all that doesn’t sound as good as “I love the taste” so we’ll just stick with that.
This recipe is super easy. I found one similar here and made some changes to see if I could make it any healthier by adding tons more veggies and replacing beef with chicken. You could also replace the meat with your favorite tofu or eliminate it all together and just add more mushrooms and kale. The flavor is really in the marinade that you’ll be sauteing the veggies in.
You can eat this a million ways. Ok, maybe a million is a little much. Have it on some brown rice noodles, brown rice, quinoa, in a lettuce wrap or on it’s own. It tastes awesome with any of those options.
Paleo, easy to make, vegan optional, gluten free, delicious and husband approved. Score.
- *** ORGANIC INGREDIENTS ARE ALWAYS RECOMMENDED ***
- ⅓ cup coconut aminos (can sub with soy sauce but it wouldnt be paleo or gluten free)
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar (I used a red pepper infused variety)
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- STIR FRY:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 8 ounces baby portabello mushrooms, halved or chopped
- 4 ounces shitake mushrooms, halved or chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (white part only)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups chopped kale
- In a gallon size zip lock bag, add all marinade ingredients including the cubed chicken, toss so that chicken is coated. Put in the fridge for at least a half hour. The longer the better. I marinaded mine for 3 hours.
- STIR FRY:
- Once chicken is marinated, heat olive oil in a large saute pan on medium high heat.
- Remove chicken from bag with slotted spoon, reserve the liquid.
- Add chicken to heated olive oil along with minced garlic and saute for 3 - 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is almost cooked. It will continue cooking when you add the vegetables.
- Add mushrooms, broccoli, carrots and green onions along with the reserved marinade and saute for 4 - 5 minutes until vegetables have softened.
- Add kale and saute until it is good and wilted.
- Continue sauteing until the sauce has thickened up, stirring frequently so not to burn.
- Serve on some quinoa, brown rice noodles, brown rice or in lettuce wraps.