Special Discounts And Free Shipping Applied. Save On Discount Prescription Medications From Canada With Our Licenesed Canadian Pharmacy. Pleasant Assistance And Best Provides. Any Visitor In A Position To Purchase Legitimate Inside The Regional Pharmacy With No Prescription On This Website find more info By Natural Means. You Do Not Need A Prescription To Purchase The Tablets. Pleasant Assistance And Best Provides For All Site Visitors.
Turkey and Quinoa Cabbage Rolls – Paleo and Gluten Free
I don’t know what got me all jacked up to make cabbage rolls. I’ve never made cabbage rolls before but there was just something about it that I needed to eat.
I went looking for a great cabbage roll recipe and stumbled on a few really good ones but this one from www.12tomatoes.com caught my attention. I could easily make it paleo and gluten free so I was down-like-a-clown-wearing-a-crown 🙂
I didn’t know what I was getting myself into because I’d never made cabbage rolls before but this recipe is basically very easy if you break it into 4 small stages.
Step 1 – At the same time you are boiling the cabbage leaves you can be cooking the quinoa. Put the head of cabbage in large pot of boiling water but cut the core off first. I found it helpful to cut slices across the bottom of the leaves so that when they were ready to be peeled off I wouldn’t have to tug them off the bottom. Boil for about 8 – 10 minutes but if you see leaves starting to peel away, go ahead and remove them carefully and set aside until you have about 10 – 12 good rollable leaves.
While the cabbage water is heating up put a cup of quinoa and 2 cups of vegetable broth (organic of course) in a medium pan and bring it to a boil. If you have a favorite way to make quinoa, got for it but this is how I make mine and it comes out perfect every single time. I use the already rinsed kind so I don’t have to do that step.
Once the quinoa is boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Set timer for 20 minutes. Stirring the quinoa about every 4 – 5 minutes until you see the curly ends sprout from the quinoa. Once done, remove from heat and let cool before adding it to the egg/turkey mixture.
Step 2 -While cabbage is boiling and quinoa is simmering you can start the next stage.
In a large bowl combine the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar), lemon juice and coconut aminos (can sub with soy sauce or Worcestershire). Set aside.
Step 3 – In another large bowl combine ground turkey, egg, onion, coconut milk (can sub with regular organic milk), salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add the quinoa once it has cooled off. The reason for this is that the hot quinoa can prematurely start cooking the egg.
Step 4 – Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan. I sprayed it mine with coconut oil. Put about a little over a 1/4 cup of turkey/quinoa mixture in each leaf, fold in edges and tuck everything in.
Put cabbage rolls in pan folded edges down. Once you’ve got all your rolls rolled, pour the tomato mixture over the top.
Put in the oven for an hour at 350 and BAM, you friggin’ made CABBAGE ROLLS – what what!!
- 10 - 12 organic cabbage leaves, steamed
- 1 cup organic quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 organic egg, beaten
- ¼ cup organic coconut milk, unflavored
- ½ cup organic onion, diced fine
- 1 pound organic ground turkey
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 2 - 14.5 ounce cans organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 - 8 ounce can organic tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs coconut palm sugar (can sub with 1 Tbs brown sugar)
- 1½ Tbs lemon juice
- 1 Tbs coconut aminos (can sub with soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the head of cabbage in large pot of boiling water but cut the core off first. I found it helpful to cut slices across the bottom of the leaves so that when they were ready to be peeled off I wouldn't have to tug them off the bottom. Boil for about 8 - 10 minutes but if you see leaves starting to peel away, go ahead and remove them carefully and set aside until you have about 10 - 12 good rollable leaves.
- While the cabbage is boiling, prepare the quinoa. Put 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and let cook for 20 minutes. Stir every 4 or 5 minutes. Quinoa will be done when most of the liquid has boiled away and the little curly q's have sprouted from the quinoa. Set aside and let cool.
- In a medium bowl combine tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, coconut palm sugar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl combine beat egg, coconut milk, turkey, onion, garlic powder, salt, pepper and cooled off quinoa.
- Put a little over a ¼ cup of turkey mixture into each leaf. Wrap, tuck in the ends and place in baking sheet folded side down.
- Pour tomato mixture over cabbage rolls.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.