I attempted a coconut flour zucchini bread the other day and I’ll admit, it was nasty. NAS-TEE! I could not bring myself to share the recipe. I don’t know what happened. But here I am scratching my head with a zucchini and a half left with no plan. I’ve heard about zucchini chips before but never tried them so why not give it a go?
Zucchini has some awesome attributes. It’a filling, hydrating, encourages healthy digestion and detoxifies the body. Due to its high fiber content, zucchini has cleansing effect on our digestive tract, especially the intestines. It acts as a mild laxative, cleaning the walls of the intestines and preventing carcinogenic toxins from settling in the colon.
I did a test run and they turned out AWESOME! Like AWESOME AWESOME! I like mine dipped in a little sweet chili sauce or Greek yogurt ranch dip.
Baked Parmesan Zucchini Chips
(Use organics when available)
- 1 Zucchini
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- ½ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Olive Oil or 1 Whisked Egg
- Dash of Salt and Pepper
- *Optional - sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or use a non-stick mat
- Slice zucchini thin, about and ⅛th of an inch
- In a big bowl place sliced zucchini and enough olive oil or whisked egg to coat all slices. It's easiest if you use your hands to get all the oil or egg distributed on the slices)
- ****Olive oil does work in helping the cheese and panko stick, egg does work the best. It's really your preference. To egg or not to egg, that is the question****
- In separate bowl mix Parmesan, Panko, salt and pepper
- Place mounds of Parmesan and Panko about the size of a quarter on the baking sheet about a ½ inch apart
- Place zucchini slice on top of each mound of crumbs and press down so the crumbs stick to the zucchini better
- Cover each zucchini slice with a little mound of crumbs
- Bake for 22 - 24 minutes
- Serve as is or with your favorite dip
I keep the extras in an airtight container in the fridge and when I want more I pop them in the microwave for about 20 seconds. I noticed that the thicker cut ones tended to get soggier than the thinner cut ones. To fix that I just put them in the oven at 325 for 10 minutes.
A great way to get in those veggies! Bite size for the little ones too.